Common Core Planning & Implementation
- Standard For Success is committed to supporting teacher and student learning and success.
- Forty-five states, the District of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity have adopted the Common Core State Standards.
- Preparation for the transition to Common Core State Standards and alignment to your curriculum and classroom practices to maximize student success
- Personalized Common Core State Standard training specific to your school
- Consultation with educational specialist with Effective Common Core State Standard Strategies
- Ongoing coaching/mentoring available for implementing the Common Core State Standards
Gear Up to Implement College and Career-Ready Standards
- Backward plan your curriculum as your state implements college and career-ready standards
- Explore the changes needed in teacher practices driven by college and career-ready ELA standards
- Review actual prototype ELA assessments
- Compare previous assessment items to items which will be replacing them on College and Career-Ready Assessment
- Analyze the ELA prototype assessment items and identify the shifts in instruction they will require
- Understand how to develop an instructional model for teaching students the skills required for success on assessments with increasing rigor and application
- Define criteria for creating high-quality text-dependent questions
- Understand how to create assessment items mirroring each prototype item